Historic Hudson Valley (HHV) is a Westchester-based cultural non-profit that welcomes visitors to five National Historic Landmarks and presents public tours, school programs, and seasonal festivals for audiences that include suburban families seeking weekend leisure activities; K-12 teachers meeting curricular objectives and their students; and a diverse array of heritage tourists. HHV has a national reputation for groundbreaking on-site interpretation and award-winning digital content, particularly in the content areas of Northern slavery, regional women’s history, and storytelling.
HHV’s Retail Department seeks a Bartender. The Bartender contributes to the success of Historic Hudson Valley’s The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze event by ensuring the visitors have positive experiences. The Bartender will serve beer and wine based on customer requests. Duties include verifying the identification and age of customers, preparing and serving alcoholic beverages, accepting payment from customers. Additionally, the position requires:
- Serve beer and wine
- Verify identification and age requirements of customers
- Process payment from customers
- Record and balance cash receipts and prepare cash deposits
- Keep bar area clean and tidy
- Change and tap kegs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Impeccable customer service and social perceptiveness
- Ability to enforce company policies regarding the consumption of alcohol
- Accountability in maintaining inventory and processing payments
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- TIPS certification preferred, but HHV can arrange to get employees certified at no cost
- Successful candidates are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, absent medical, religious, or pregnancy related accommodations and will be required to submit proof at time of hire.
- Long periods of standing.
- Outdoor conditions
- Weekend, holiday and evening availability in support of HHV programs/events.
This is a part-time seasonal position, evening and weekend hours at special events are required.
To be considered for this position, upload resume. You may “click apply” or, visit our employment page at http://www.hudsonvalley.org/employment to create a profile and upload your documents. On the employment page click on “create profile and apply”.
Historic Hudson Valley is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Historic Hudson Valley adheres to all applicable federal, state, and local COVID-19 requirements and have taken many precautionary measures to ensure the safety of staff and visitors.
Thank you for your interest.