The Vice President of Digital Communications will be responsible for managing strategy conception and implementation of client campaigns around their digital properties, including websites, all social media platforms, and other publications. They will help create and maximize online strategies and content across a variety of platforms, and also assist with technology management and publications creation and management for key deliverables. The Vice President will also provide counsel on how to increase the impact of the digital platforms for clients, manage external vendors and oversee advertising budgets.
DUTIES INCLUDING BUT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for overseeing both big picture and day-to-day implementation of the digital and social strategy for a variety of clients.
- Responsible for overseeing social media engagement across all digital properties, including organic content, for clients.
- Analyze web analytics, social media metrics, and Google webmaster tools data to leverage strategic insights to ultimately improve digital communications practices and search engine optimization efforts (SEO).
- Provide regular reporting on web analytics and social media metrics to inform communications strategies to client leads.
- Edit copy for list emails, email marketing newsletters, infographics, social media content, and web landing pages, and draft content where needed.
- Conduct staff digital media trainings to empower interns, associates and other staff to deploy social campaigns and basic management.
- Lead outreach and influencer engagement strategy to nurture connections with influential Twitter.
- Minimum five years digital media management experience, ideally in communications, marketing, journalism or politics, with undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university
- Led or been a part of creating or disseminating digital and web strategy from the start or helped to adapt and grow a presence for a growing organization
- Strong editorial and writing skills; ability to write strong, clickable headlines and content to generate views
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Website management experience and familiarity with website content management systems
- Familiarity with graphic design, trafficking of creative assets and visual arts
- Adept at project management, experience in managing technology and advertising budgets a plus
- Knowledge of SEO and mobile best practices
- Strong sense of discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
Mercury is a high-stakes public strategy firm. We provide results for the world’s most successful companies, leading advocacy groups, governments, political parties, NGOs, and prominent public and political figures.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Mercury not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.