The Community Outreach Specialist will represent the CAO JFK Redevelopment Program to develop a pipeline of qualified jobseekers for the airport job opportunities. This individual will perform the following; develop relationships with local non-profits, community boards, local elected officials, education institutions, and faith based organizations. This individual will attend community events and represent CAO at community forum with the goal of developing local candidate feeder systems to the CAO office. The successful candidate will gain a thorough understanding of the hiring needs and requirements for airport employers.
RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
- Develop relationships with local non-profits, community boards, local elected officials, education institutions, and faith based organizations with the goal of referring job-seekers to placement services.
- Work with CAO Performance Manager to capture new Community Based Organization’s (CBO’s)contacts. Develop a strategic marketing plan to meet expected outcomes.
- Conduct presentations to potential partners and job-seekers. In coordination with the CAO performance manager utilize social media and online marketing to increase job-seeker traffic.
- Promote CAO placement services at a variety of events.
- Support account management team with off-site recruitment events and job fairs.
- Host and coordinate community partner meetings.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Provide administrative support when necessary.
- Research and develop relevant information to add to CAO’s CBO network. Conduct outreach to capture CBO success stories.
- Relationship builder; ability to influence others to meet the projects goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Self-starter and proactive approach.
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and database management
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
CAO offers 100% paid medical, dental, life insurance, generous PTO and sick leave, as well as 100% employer sponsored pension plan.