New York City Full Time
Job Title: Finance and Business Affairs Director (HEO)
Job ID: 22584
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Finance and Business Affairs Director reports to the Vice President for Finance and Budget and oversees staff in relation to financial reporting and compliance. The responsibilities include overseeing the daily operations of all of the Non Tax Levy entities, ensuring compliance and monitoring new developments in internal and external accounting policies and regulations. Implementing proper internal controls, conducting in-depth financial analysis and interacting with outside agencies and relevant parties in the preparation of all audited financial statement and tax returns. Exercising full administrative authority over accounting processes, developing and establishing training and cross training programs to improve staff performance and provide succession plan. Formulating sound financial strategies, addressing audits and self-assessments. Assisting the Vice President for Finance and Budget with initiatives and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and eight years’ related experience required.
The desirable candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
– Experience and skills with PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst)
– Experience of general ledger and budget muddles
– Audit experience in accounting, and have the good knowledge of FASB and GASB accounting standards, financial reporting and practices
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish plans, manage a large workload and multiple assignments with conflicting priorities, and meet strict deadlines in a fast paced office
– Ability to take initiative, make sound judgment to make decisions and exercise discretion and tact
– Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with diverse staff on various levels
– Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
– Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills
– Strong proficiency using computers and software programs, especially on Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs financial and administrative operations of a College or major program.
– Oversees financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner and complies with various legal regulations and University policies
– Develops financial forecasting models to support strategic planning aligned with goals and initiatives
– Recommends and implements strategic college-wide policies to ensure financial compliance is maintained
– Oversees business analyses, budget projections, allocations, financial statements, and statistical reports
– Develops and manages relationships in regard to fiduciary responsibilities with external institutions, including government agencies, corporations, and funding entities
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on September 13, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.