Do you possess a commitment to excellence and the drive to make a positive difference in everything you do? Are you looking for a great company that has great benefits, offers great pay, and has an amazing support team? Then we would like to talk with you! MCR believes in empowering our hotel managers with the values, tools, and resources necessary to achieve success for our owners, associates and 100% satisfaction for our guests.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities/Public Space Area Manager at the TWA Hotel and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
It all began in 2006 with three Value Place hotels. Since then, through a series of development projects and acquisitions, we have grown to become the fourth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States. Our company, which has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Richmond, Virginia, has a $3.0 billion portfolio of 99 independent and premium-branded hotels containing more than 13,000 guestrooms across 30 states and 75 cities, including two experiential hotels in New York City. We have 3,600 team members across the country and operate hotels under 19 brands, including Marriott and Hilton.
We are a recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer. For the TWA Hotel, we won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) and the ULI New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award. MCR was also named one of Fast Company ‘s Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
The Facilities/ Public Space Area Manager will be responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and organization of all hotel campus public space to include back of house, retail space, loading dock, and exterior grounds. He/she will inspect areas of responsibilities and follow up with a plan for improving results. The ideal candidate for this role would be highly detail oriented and meticulous with a strong ability to connect and engage with team members and 3rd party operators alike.
- Supervises Housekeeping operations in public areas, back of house, loading dock, retail space, and exterior grounds, and ensures compliance with all Housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all public space, loading dock, retail space, back of house, and exterior grounds.
- Oversee loading dock management to include supervising cleanliness and correct break down of boxes, receiving deliveries, and developing a seamless communication to all parties about loading dock maintenance.
- Partner with 3rd party and other management for any special projects for public spaces areas i.e., carpet replacements, penny tile replacement, etc.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train Housekeepers and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with team members and ensures team members do the same with them.
- Participates in scheduling team members to business demands and tracking team members time and attendance.
- Verifies team members understand expectations and parameters.
- Administers property policies fairly and consistently; disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that housekeeping, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Observes housekeeping behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals.
- Participates in an on-going team member recognition program.
- Solicits team member feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews team member satisfaction results to identify and address problems or concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers team members to provide excellent customer housekeeping.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve housekeeping performance.
- Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED required
- At least two years of previous experience in a Public Space/Facilities Manager capacity in a related hotel position.
- Must have strong tact and communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with senior managers, team members and guests.
· Ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills, including effective task delegation, time management and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong skills for analysis and problem-solving.
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Must work well in a stressful, high pressure situation
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
· Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the need
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
· Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions
· Organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Excellent time management
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· An aptitude for self-motivation
· A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
· A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
What We Offer
· We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance to our team members
· 401(k) Retirement plan – MCR will match a percentage of what you invest into your retirement
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Throughout your career with MCR we will ensure your success by providing training and career growth opportunities
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping management: 2 years (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location