The Executive Steward Manager will be responsible for assisting in directing and motivating the Banquets/Stewarding team while personally providing high quality service to guests/clients based on requirements and standards. Furthermore, this role monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection, provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event, identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for the Food & Beverage sector of hospitality and will have a natural drive to inspire and lead the banquets team in alignment with Service Standards.
· Maintains and applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
· Understands the impact of Banquet and Stewarding operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
· Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
· Ensures established sanitation levels are maintained.
· Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
· Schedules banquet/stewarding staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
· Develops lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
· Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
· Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
· Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service.
· Ensures team members understand expectations and parameters.
· Strives to improve service performance.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with team members
· Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
· Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals.
· Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
· Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
· Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
· Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
· High school degree (or equivalency) with Hotel/College training preferred.
· 2 years minimal experience in the event management, food and beverage or related professional area
· Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
· High energy and outgoing personality
· Organizational skills and attention to detail
· Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and guests.
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, event management software and customer management platform
· Excellent selling and negotiating skills with strong market and account knowledge
· Creative and innovative, as well as proactive and customer-oriented
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent time management
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· An aptitude for self-motivation
· A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
· A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, calculating gratuities, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Ability to effectively perform under pressure, to remain calm and courteous even in difficult situations.
· Ability to motivate team members and maintain a cohesive team.
· Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
The TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City is owned and operated by MCR.
It all began in 2006 with three Value Place hotels. Since then, through a series of development projects and acquisitions, we have grown to become the fourth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States. Our company, which has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Richmond, Virginia, has a $3.0 billion portfolio of 99 independent and premium-branded hotels containing more than 13,000 guestrooms across 30 states and 75 cities, including two experiential hotels in New York City. We have 3,600 team members across the country and operate hotels under 19 brands, including Marriott and Hilton.
We are a recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer. For the TWA Hotel, we won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) and the ULI New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award. MCR was also named one of Fast Company‘s Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Banquet: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)